Troop 23 was formed in December, 1910. At the time the troop met in a barn at the Old Bliss Estate, which is now Owl’s Head Park. As remembered by John Falk(T.23 – 1925),” The barn was a monstous scary place loaded with large Bliss Foundry patterns, even in the generous horse stalls. Two rooms at the rear served as offices for the Troop. The Meetings were devoted to advancement training, marching drills on the adjacent parade grounds, interpatrol contests plus some fun and games.”
Some time later in the late 20’s or early 30’s the Troop lost the Bliss estate and moved to the local YMCA on 4ht avenue and 67 Street. Later in the 30’s the Troop met in the Gym of Bay Ridge High School and was sponsered by a group of concerned citizens.
In 1947 the Troop moved to its current location at Our Lady of Angels. It was brought to O.L.A. by the late Bishop Reilly. The troop has continued at OLA and in its 97th year is now the oldest Troop sponsored by a Catholic Church.