Following a conversation on Twitter about Eagle Scouts, I ended up running across this list of Fictional Eagle Scouts and found it very interesting.
Here are a few Fictional Eagle Scouts:
- Jonathan Archer and Malcolm Reed of Star Trek: Enterprise
- Professor Roy Hinkley of Gilligan’s Island
Gilligan’s Island pilot episode “Two on a Raft” the radio announces “…the final member of the missing group was Professor Roy Hinkley, research scientist and well known Scoutmaster.” He was the youngest Eagle Scout in Cleveland.
- Greg Sanders, played by Eric Szmanda, in the CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Episode “Toe Tags”, October 05, 2006 US; Sanders is called a Boy Scout while rappelling down a cliff and he replies: “Eagle Scout! I didn’t earn a chestful of merit badges for nothing”.
- Hank Hill of King of the Hill
Episode “Flush With Power” and “Unfortunate Son” mention that Hank Hill is an Eagle Scout.
- Agent J of Men in Black II (2002)
MiB agent J (Will Smith) is referred to as an “Eagle Scout” by one of the alien antagonists.
- Daryl Bayes in Red Dawn (1984)
Daryl Bates (played by Darren Dalton) is referred to by the enemy as “A member of an elite paramilitary organization: ‘Eagle Scouts.’”
- Fred Flintstone
Claims to be an Eagle Scout, in an episode where he and Barney Rubble accidentally take their family camping at the site of a Boy Scout Jamboree.
- Snoopy, Beagle Scout from Peanuts.
Thanks to the Scouting News Blog for this article!